Sunday, November 05, 2006

Stars Live, Lollapalooza 2006



I've neglected the site for long enough the past couple of weeks, I won't go into why, cuz its waaayy geeky what was taking up nearly every free moment I had. All I'll say is States, if you know it you know it, nuff said. Anyways, I was perusing some of the usual places I find new music last week and came across a live album from Stars that was recorded at this year's Lollapalooza Festival in Chicago. I headed over to the Lolla website where they have a ton of live stuff from this year's fest. Iron and Wine, Broken Social Scene, hell even Sleater Kinney, these and more can be found for download from the Live Lollapalooza Website. Songs are .99 each or between 5 and 10 bucks for the whole shebang. The Stars album has quickly grown to be one of my faves so far. I wish more of the summer festivals would start doing this as we all are not independently wealthy with trust funds to enable us to jestset from Festival to Festival every year. I gotta say the sound is exceptional for these recordings and any fans should definitely look into buying their fave artists' sets. Here's a sample of the Stars set:

MP3: Stars - Calendar Girl

What's so great about the sets that Live Lolla is offering is that they have both lossless (FLAC!) and lossy mp3s for your downloading pleasure. I'd highly recommend buying the FLAC files and taking the extra download time as they sound sooo much better than the mp3s. If you've not bought Stars latest, Set Yourself On Fire, then I highly suggest heading over to here and picking one up. I hear it makes a great X-Mas gift too if you already own it....

Stars on Myspace.
The Stars website.

No comments: