Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Old Soul


Hmmm, if there seems to be anything today that will get me excited about a band before hearing even that first chord its gotta be large multi-instrument groups. I can't honestly think of one group with 6+ members or more that I think sucks. Hailing out out of the land of what seems like the mecca of multi-member bands is The Old Soul. If that doesn't clue you in that these boys (and girl) are from Canada you've not been paying attention the past decade or so to indie-rock. I can remember when the only thing I knew about Toronto's music scene was Barenaked Ladies. Now it seems like half the bands I put on my top 10 lists come from that city. Speaking of top 10 lists, this band is gonna be on a ton of blogger top 10's come December. And if it ain't, well, then I guess those blogs just aren't worth reading.

Their Myspace.
Their webpage.

The obligatory track to whet your appetite for a full album:

MP3: The Old Soul - River of Daughters


Here's the video for River of Daughters. This song might just be better than the one I posted above, :-P

BONUS VIDEO:
http://www.theoldsoul.com/media/video/theoldsoul/riverofdaughters_320.php

No comments: