Friday, May 11, 2007

Voxtrot




Got some wonderful news in my email yesterday, Voxtrot have launched the site to their upcoming documentary, Reaching for the Lasers. The site can be found here at http://www.reaching4lasers.com/. I think each of you should visit it and check out some of the behinds the scenes going ons for their new album, Voxtrot, which drops in just a few short weeks. Of course I am sure that most of you have heard at least a few songs off the album by now (if not the entirety of it). One of my friends told me a few weeks ago that he didn't think the album sounded as good as the EP's. At first I sort of agreed with him, but the more I thought about it, the less I thought I did. Voxtrot released two of the most amazing EP's since the Smiths stopped dropping singles, but this album is right up there with Raised by Wolves and Mothers.... I mean maybe it takes a few more listens to really sink your teeth into, but this is definitely not a case of any sort or pre-sophomore slump by any means. The album is going to become one of your favorites this year. I have little doubt in saying that. Its end of year Top 10 for sure, and if its not, there better be some fucking amazing shit dropping this summer and fall (looking at you Wolf Parade...).

Here's an mp3 for you off the album.

MP3: Voxtrot - Kid Gloves

Be sure to check out Reaching for the Lasers as a new episode will be dropping every Wednesday.

As always check out their Homepage, and their Myspace where they could always use some more friends.... You can also get a few more previews from Voxtrot there as well.

No comments: