Monday, October 16, 2006

Irene


I imagine that it will take little effort to guess what country today's band calls home. Yep. You guessed it. Sweden. I'm not quite sure why I obsess over bands from this country so much. Maybe its just the fact that naerly every single band I hear from Sweden turns out to be another insanely great pop band. And today's feature, Irene will certainly not disappoint anyone who is a fan of great pop sing-along pop songs. Anyone taking a glancing pass at their site might think they were another I'm From Barcelona with all of the band members listed there (an incredible 11!) . Which to be fair, doesn't even top half as many as ...Barcelona's record 24, lol. But still, Irene have an incredible sound. Its indie pop mixed with a little surf guitar, not quite so much as say, the Specific Heats, but there's enough to give it one very catchy and bouncy sound. Its good stuff, I promise. So fire up the ol' Right-Click, Save As... or click the little blue play symbol and have a listen. After you do, head over to their site and you can order your very own copy of Apple Bay. Which I highly recommend as there are many more great songs on this album just waiting to be heard by you.


MP3: Irene - Stardust

MP3: Irene - Little Things (That Tear Us Apart)

Their Myspace.
Their homepage.
Order the album here.

No comments: