Saturday, September 16, 2006

Nikolas Makelberge



The first time I heard today's song I immediately thought of about a dozen 80's movie soundtracks where this song could easily have been lifted. That might sound like a potshot, but I gotta tell you, this song is extremely infectious and it sounds more like its from the 80's than some of the songs recorded then. All talk of song lineage aside, it is without a doubt one of the most danceable songs I have posted on this blog for sure. But its a good one. A very good one and I can't get enough of it. Mr. Makelberge's myspace describes the music thusly:

"We are the tailors of panama safeguarding an artform. Every seem is where it's supposed to, every stitch is sewn with a thought and pure passion. Nicolas Makelberge is your "kvartersrestaurang" of music, run by two passionate chefs. We find the funk 3 am in the morning, we can tell you - it's like heroin."


The line that draws me in is it's like heroin, I find that decribes this song far better than I ever could. Here's your track, I hope you can't get it out of your head by the end of the day either, ;-)

MP3: Nikolas Makelberge - So Young

Here's the ubiquitous myspace link, and of course, a link to the homepage. The album is out now, so make sure to order yours here.
TagsZ: mp3 twee indiepop

No comments: