Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Zebras



So its a little after 1 am here and I've not heard any really great indiepop all day today, so hearing the Zebras pretty much made me stay up later than I should just to listen to this album. The Zebras are an Australian band that have made quite the catchy record with their forthcoming album, Worry A Lot, which is due out in October. I gotta say its refreshing to hear an album like this after some of the ones I've sludged through over the past few days. Who knew that that 90's alt-rock sound could still be so popular? I guess fratboys don't grow old, they just take up guitars and make shitty rock. Anyways, the name Lucksmiths gets tossed around when the Zebras come up, but I think that may be mostly just because the bands share the same home country. I mean, comparisons would not be that far off, but I think the songs should give you a clearer view of their sound. Just straight forward, jingly jangly indiepop. And its made my mp3 player already after only one listen. Here's two of my current faves from the album.

MP3: The Zebras - You Look Ready

MP3: The Zebras - Doong Doong

You can find them on myspace here (where you can grab a couple more tracks of theirs) and their homepage is here.

TagsZ: mp3 twee indiepop

No comments: