Friday, September 22, 2006

Terrene



Rare is the day that I immediately post on a band that sends a friend request through myspace. Its usually not because of anything with the band, its just that I am inherently lazy at times. But today, today I was moved to fire up blogger within all of 30 seconds of hearing the Seattle band, Terrene. They blew me away. I mean it. Literally. I've heard four songs from them and I think they're some of the best I've ever heard. I don't knwo how I've gone so long with hearing them, it makes me feel like I really don't know what's going on. I know, I know. That's hyperbolic bullshit to most of you. But its not. I swear this band is the real deal. I mean, if Godspeed was mixed with the Beach Boys you'd like it right? And that's what I hear. I've felt a little blah all week about lackluster music that I've had to endure. Not so now. Terrene make a a sort of ethereal, pop and hook-laden post-rock sound that has to be heard before you can even start to fathom what it really sounds like. I can't believe how good I think these songs are already. So since I'm sure my hype of them have drive have of you away already, here's some mp3s:

MP3: Terrene - Makr

MP3: Terrene - Fifty One (I'll be honest I didn't want to post this one its so good)

You have to visit their myspace and befriend them. I can't stress that enough. You'll thank me for it someday, promise. No link to buy the album as the boys and girl are shopping the The Indifferent Unvierse around for a label right now. Here's a blurb from their website that should make you wanna find it when it comes out:

"In 2004, wanting to record a full length, Terrene send the demo to the famed, acclaimed producer Phil Ek (Built To Spill, The Shins, Modest Mouse), and he was immediately blown away. Phil came on board to record Terrenes first album, titled The Indifferent Universe. Recorded at Jupiter and AVAST! Studios, the record is a 42-minute mini-epic, capturing Terrenes diversity and artistic passion while always keeping the listener guessing what comes next."

See I even put it in boldface type for you so you'd not miss it.

BONUS VIDEO: Here's the video for Fifty One


No comments: