Friday, July 21, 2006

Bands from the Seashore




Since I've so much stuff I would like to post on and I don't want like 10 posts for one day, I figured I would group a bunch of bands I've been listening to under a common theme today. First up is bands who name reflects something from the seaside.

The Hermit Crabs asked me to befriend them on myspace a while ago and I've been meaning to post about them ever since. They are a four piece out of Glasgow, Scotland and craft some very fine indie pop. Goodbye My Friend is off their forthcoming album.

MP3: The Hermit Crabs - Goodbye My Friend

Next up is Hello Seahorse! who call Mexio Ciy home. I've listened to their album ...And the Jellyfish Parade several times this week already and I like it more and more each time I hear it. I highly recommend taking the time to search out this band and their music. Its the perfect soundtrack for a summer day by the pool or while you're at the beach. Join them here as a friend (where you can stream some more songs as well) and check out their homepage here where you can get their album (its under construction at the moment sadly).

MP3: Hello Seahorse! - Multicolor

MP3: Hello Seahorse! - Palacio Original

No comments: