Monday, July 17, 2006

Shows, Shows, Shows (and some mp3s)

So the Minders was a smashing success for me. BOAT played and were awesome as well. A show like that can make you really realize how lucky you are to live in a city like Portland. I can say I had one of the best nights out yet in the city and made some great new acquaintances along the way. Tomorrow, I'll have the chance to see the Minders yet again, as they are playing a free show with Quasi and another local PDX band, Pseudosix at Portland City Hall of all places. I asked Martyn at the show how this came about and he replied that he was unsure exactly how as well. Weird. The show was a blast though, and I am anxiously looking forward to tomorrow, and hoping that the sound system will be a bit better there. I will post some scans of the setlists from BOAT and the Minders when I get the chance to borrow a scanner from work, lol. Anyways, some songs first from Pseduosix and then one from Quasi.

MP3: Pseudosix - Under the Waves

MP3: Pseudosix - Treacherous Ways

MP3: Quasi - The Rhino

Check out Pseudosix's homepage for some tracks from their forthcoming album, and join them here as a friend. While you're at it, click the link for Quasi as well and show your support for indie couples who rock.

No comments: