Wednesday, July 19, 2006

M. Ward




Well, today's been so full of new music that I had to skip school just so I could listen to it all. And I didn't even get really listen to that much new stuff. You see I've been listening to the new M. Ward album all day today. I love it. Its good, really, really good. Good in the same way that kitties and puppies and kisses and sunny days are good. Its made me giddy and hyper, and solemn and regretful and all sorts of other things. In short, its been amazing. It has been exactly what I needed. I've not been in the best of moods lately (I have been "Strugglin' with the Devil..." as a friend puts it. I'll admit, I like M. Ward sort of like I like Iron and Wine; sometimes the songs remind me of why I obsess over music so much, other times, they just do not fit my mood or thoughts and don't really do much of anything for me (not entirely true, but you get my meaning). But for some reason, call it the alignment of the planets or stars or just the fact that sometimes, for brief moments at a time, life makes sense. I don't know. Whatever the reason I love this album and I feel the need to share some of the songs that made my day. "To Go Home" has been burning up my iRiver since it was first leaked, but "Magic Tricks" has made my day. Maybe I like them mostly due to what's going on in my life at the moment, I dunno. As it is, these and the others found on Post-War just simply rock (though sometimes in a quiet way). Check out the M. Ward myspace here and visit Merge here for some pre-order action.

MP3: M. Ward - Magic Trick

MP3: M. Ward - To Go Home

No comments: