Monday, July 24, 2006

The Shins NEW live songs....

There's been a few new live songs from the Shins lately in their sets so I thought I would post the new ones so everyone has a chance to at least hear something of what the next album may sound like. The Shins have certainly been an unexpected success so far but then, 5 years ago I would never have thought DCFC would be a near household name for some people. Anyways, here's some of the newer songs from their recent show with Belle and Sebastian at the Hollywood Bowl:

MP3: The Shins - Circus Walk (Live 07-06-06)

MP3: The Shins - Phantom (Live 07-06-06)

MP3: The Shins - Australia (Live 07-06-06)


If you'd like to hear a better version of Circus Walk head over to Matt's blog youaintnopicasso for his post here. As a bonus here's James Mercer solo from the Moonshine Festival doing Won One Too Many Fights, which is actually my favorite of these and I simply cannot wait to hear the full band version of it.

MP3: James Mercer - Won One Too Many Fights (live 10-10-04)

Since I am feeling frisky, re: inebriated, here's a song I think the band should cover for the next album that they did a few years ago on tour. This one you'll have to download to know what it is, cuz I am sneaky that way.

Extra special bonus:

MP3: The Shins - Super Secret Coversong

No comments: