Thursday, June 15, 2006

The American Dollar




This post is a few days late, I had finals this week so sue me. Anyways, The American Dollar are one of my favorite Myspace discoveries this year. This band has delighted me with their first album already and the word is they have re-entered the studio to record a follow to their self-titled debut. I am anxiously looking forward to picking up these Queens, NY lads's sophomore album as I think it can only get better from here on out I think. For those who've not heard them, they have a very upbeat post-rock sound, probably closer to Explosions in the Sky than Godspeed but mighty is this sound! I cannot rave enough about this album though. They have a song off their first album for download on myspace and they have a streaming preview on their site. I only wish I could buy it for all of you out there, its just that good.

MP3: Everyone Gets Shot

No comments: