Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Grade Grubbers


This morning was a flurry of myspace link clicking. I found The Grade Grubbers off of someone who had added me as a friend and this in turn led to many more bands being added as well as a trip to my one of fave labels, Asaurus Records. The Grade Grubbers are Eric Ellman on vocals & guitar Shell Matthews on vocals, melodica & casio and Artie Vallone on the drums. This band made my day. Pure and smple. I listened to them on the bus all afternoon. Great great stuff. These songs are all from demos from the band but are insanely good already. Their songs are all great fun twee pop that I can't get enough of, especially"Jessica Pancakes" its almost a semi-cover with its nods to the Association's "Windy". Its a fantastic song and is definitely going on the summer mix I am putting together. If you don't download this song, God will take a kitten's life. No, I mean it. Download it. Now. Its that good, I swear.


MP3: The Grade Grubbers - Jessica Pancakes (so highly recommended it's not worth saying!!!)

MP3: The Grade Grubbers - Leaf Pile

MP3: The Grade Grubbers - Kelsi Page

MP3: The Grade Grubbers - Snowman

UPDATE: Special thanks to Andreas for pointing out to me that Jessica Pancakes is actually a cover of a Parcels song! His blog is so highly recommended that if you've not clicked the link already you should just shoot yourself. Only the finest in twee and indie pop can be found at his site, so check it daily!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is awesome. i just randomly googled the name of my band and i found this! you are such a nice person.