Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Summer is Almost Here!!!



Ever since I moved to Portland I have heard great tales of how great the summers are here. So far, I like what I have seen. Coming from a place where the summers are near unbearable to be outside in during the day, to actually being able to enjoy the summer will make for a decent change of pace. The band I will share tonight has been around for quite a while now and have a handful of eps and singles to their credit so far. Pas/Cal are one of those bands whose tunes seem to evoke distinct feelings of seasons in their music to me. They effortlessly meld songs that seem written for no particular one time of the year into ones that you just cannot seem to live without when that time of the year is here. Pas/Cal have been the soundtrack to my summers (and my autumns and winters and springs!) ever since I first heard them. This band produces one of the most harmonious sounds to ever be paired with those glorious summer days and nights that one fondly recalls from their youth. Their infectious melodies, glorious handclaps, and sing-a-long lyrics make my heart skip a beat each time I listen to their songs. Its hard to describe without having heard them. The band hails from Detroit, MI and are set to release their debut full-length sometime this year (we hope). Check out their blogsite for info on the recording of their album, Citizens Army Uniform. Join their growing legion of fans on myspace.

Here's a taste of summer in the form of song:

MP3: Pas/Cal - What Happened to the Sands

MP3: Pas/Cal - Bronze Beached Boys of the Summer (C'mon Let's Go)

MP3: Pas/Cal - O, Honey We're Ridiculous (Demo)

MP3: Pas/Cal - The Glorious Ballad of the Ignored (Demo)

If you are in New York on Thursday be sure to check them out at the Mercury Lounge for the record release party for Asobi Seksu!!!

No comments: