Friday, June 16, 2006

Color Wall




Tonight their are yet more shoegaze songs in the air! I discovered this band from a myspace friend request today and they have me extremely excited to get my hands on their album already just from the streaming audio clips I heard tonight. The band hails from Los Angeles, but don't let that fool you. These guys could very well be London ex-pats from their sound. And what a sound it is! Its like listening to a cocktail of the Stone Roses, Chapterhouse, Swervedriver with a dash of punk thrown in to shake everything up. I wish they had something other than streams to listen to but, it is well worth your time to click here and here. Their myspace has four complete songs up and would be the best start for any courageous readers to begin, though if you decide to skip the CD Baby link you'll miss hearing their cover of the Cars, You're Just What I Needed. You had me at hello boys... you didn't have to bring out the big guns! One aside, why is it no one covers You're All I've Got Tonight or Best Friend's Girl? Hint hint, something for the live show when you guys make it up here next to the Land of Eternal Rain, Portland, OR.

Their debut album is available from CDBaby and I highly suggest picking one up (or three, friends are so lame at times), It is so choice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree! Great band!!! They have a few new songs on their myspace page. 'Angelina' ia a gem! It says they'll be touring with Paul Oakenfold and Pete Yorn in 2009.