Thursday, June 22, 2006

Second-Hand Furniture


Ahhh, bands from Sweden.... Is there any other place on earth so devoted to pop music and the making of it? From such a long history of great sing-a-long songs to this band. "Nice Try Sunshine" is with a doubt my all-time-number-one-summer-soundtrack-sing-along song. Its great from start to finish, great melodies, a hummable tune, and those have to sing-a-long-to lyrics. The only thing that could have made me more addicted to this song would have been handclaps. I'm a sucker for handclaps in a song. To be hoenst, I can't think of a song with them that I don't like. Anyway, as I said Second-Hand Furniture hail from Sweden and I think they're phenomenal. I know next to nothing about this band other than the members and that they are evidently no more :-(( , but these guys are definitely worth the bandwidth to download. You ever feel like you arrived to late for the party? Plastilina Records plans on releasing all of their eps along with some unreleased songs later on in '06. How cool is that? You know I'm excited. Without more of my nonsense, here's some songs:


MP3: Second-Hand Furniture - Nice Try Sunshine

MP3: Second-Hand Furniture - Hard to Distinguish From Each Other

MP3: Second-Hand Furniture - People Like You

MP3: Second-Hand Furniture - Think You Should Know at This Point


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes 100% agreed!
gotta say, I randomly found this post whilst looking for the lyrics of "this town is killing me", and couldn't agree more !
Especially on the handclap part !

you should listen to The Shermans, by the way. (from sweden as well)

cya
Luiz (lgaquino@gmail.com)