Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Prids




There's not a whole lot one can say about a band like the Prids. I mean there is, but its all been said before and far more eloquently. I'll confess I had only a passing fancy with the band until seeing them open for Built to Spill last weekend. Their recorded sound compares little with their live sound. Which was fucking HUGE! I was blown away by their live show. Lots of energy, the songs played out much better live than on my headphones. Maybe I was being overly harsh on them and the whole 80's revival since I already lived through the 80's once and this current wave of nostalgia for a time when I went to bed every night thinking I was going to wake up to mushroom clouds everywhere isn't quite so fond for me. I swear I think the only cool thing I think I still like about the 80's was Saturday morning cartoons. Ahhh, serenity now.... Yaada yaada The Cure, yaada yaada New Order, yaada yaada Joy Division. Anyways, here's the Prids in all their new wavey goodness: (and yes they've definitely made a fan out of me with their live show).

MP3: The Prids - Shadow & Shadow

MP3: The Prids - Let it Go

MP3: The Prids - Love Zero

Their new album is due out in July, check out their site here where you can download additional songs as well as videos. Join them on their myspace too.

No comments: