Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Year Zero




You can blame the Venerable Bede for the lack of a year zero in western history. But you've only yourself to blame if you don't take the time to listen to the band The Year Zero. Take an equal part of the Cocteau Twins, and Lush add a few acoustic guitars here and there and you have a semi-close approximation of The Year Zero. But that doesn't really come close to truly describing their sound. This is a band that demands to be heard in order to grasp what they truly sound like. I gotta say I have been extremely satisfied with their debut full-length, Oceania, I Will Return. What makes this band even better is the artwork that goes along with the music. I feel like I am listening to a soundtrack for Heavy Metal when I throw on their album. And the artwork fits so perfectly with it. This band is amazing. Get in on it now so you can impress your friends in five years with "I heard them when..." comments. Here's some mp3's to prove the all these points I just made:

MP3: The Year Zero - Moon Viewing Parties

MP3: The Year Zero - Dreamers Under the Sky

Check them out here for their website (and buy an album!) and be someone cool for once in your life by becoming their friend here.

No comments: