Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Battle



This band took me a few songs to really get into. I'm not sure why, but I didn't care too much for the first few tracks off their album and it started to sour me on it. But by track 3 however.... my mind was completely changed. I guess by then I had started to really get into the britrock sound of the album. And its a sound at which they excel oh so well. The album is quite consistent overall and very good; its grown on me a quite a bit since that first listen. At any rate, Battle is the project of 4 London lads who as I stated earlier make some pretty fine Britrock. I don't really have anyone to compare them to, which is good, I think. If pressured, maybe I might say a rockier Boo Radleys (not really, and if I really had to, maybe, just maybe I would toss out British Sea Power, but that would be too disingenuous I think); I'm not sure. The point is the album as a whole is exceptional, its rocky and poppy and I guarantee it'll be great fun to drive in your car to (or on the bus in my case...). Here's some songs off their forthcoming album, Break the Banks.

MP3: Battle - Demons

MP3: Battle - Children

Check them out on myspace here.
Their homepage is here.

No comments: