Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Scourge of the Sea




So I've been really sick the past few days, thought it was allergies until the fever started. For someone who wants to listen to music all the time, having your ears stuffed up and a pounding headache does not help with your hobby. But I struggled though it so I could bring you this song from Scourge of the Sea. Today's song is one of those ones that has you listening to the song over and over and over so you can learn the words well enough to sing along with it. The band, who hail from Lexington, KY write some of the sweetest acoustic based rock I've heard in quite some time. As their site says, comparisons to the Softies and the Mountain Goats would not be too far off mark. Okkervil River would be another close comparison as well, I also (and others will probably disagree with this one) hear a some what more country sounding Delgados in their songs. The album comes out August 15th and its worth getting it for the 10 minute epic closer, Chocolate Chips alone. The entire album is good from start to finish with only maybe one song that I've skipped through so far. That's quite something for me to say in this day with all the available music out there. Check their myspace here and their homepage here. I couldn't find a link for preordering the album except for Amazon.

MP3: The Scourge of the Sea - My Sweet One

And because I am feeling so shitty and want at least someone to feel good today, here's a bonus song:

BONUS MP3: The Scourge of the Sea - The Birds of a Feather

No comments: