Thursday, August 10, 2006

Circulus



Circulus are one of those bands that I think I'd enjoy listening to while reading Books Of Magic or Sandman or Lucifer or some other Vertigo comic. They have this medieval folk-renaissance faire-hippy-trippy-60's love-in-70's moog type thing going on. And it works. Really freaking well. I like this CD a lot. I can't stop listening to it in fact. Its catchy but in more of a Sufjan type of way where it creeps up on you, than in a CYHSY sort of way. This band sounds exactly like you think a band like I just described sounds. Weird. But familiar, bizarre and completely derivative and original all at once. Its so good I wish I could hear it all over again for the first time. I'll tell you why I love this album so much (hey I'm starting to write hyperbole like a real blogger). I love flutes or lutes or whatever it is they are playing on the album!!! And I love MOOGS and this album has plenty of Moog for yo' ass, too. Check out these tracks and tell me you don't love them. I bet you can't....

MP3: Circulus - Willow Tree

MP3: Circulus - Bouree

MP3: Circulus - Dragon's Dance

Their myspace and their homepage. Go buy the album already.




PS It might take several listens to thoroughly enjoy this stuff, but when you do, your whole world will change. Trust me, that's just the nature of acid-folk.
TagsZ: mp3 twee indiepop

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just wanted to say i am totally digging your mp3 blog, d. :D