Saturday, August 12, 2006

Kite Flying Society



Sorry for no updates the last few days, I've been running on fumes and not had the time or the energy to post anything. Suffice it to say, I did however have time and energy to go see one of the bands I have been most excited about the last few months. The show was Kite Flying Society and it quite simply rocked! I was not disappointed one bit by the show and to be honest, I was overwhlemed. Now this also had a little to do with a certain band who played with them, The Gingerbread Patriots, who I will share with you sometime soon (I simply have to, I've no choice in the matter!). KFS was outstading, both in performance and in meeting the band. they are some of the nicest folks I've had the pleasure of meeting in some time. If KFS is in your neck of the woods, you owe it to yourself to see them. Cuz they rock. The show was really really good, they played their best from the album and even did not one, but two freaking covers. The first cover they did was Nilsson's Are You Sleeping. And the band did an excellent job with the song. They definitely made it their own this night. The song I was most impressed with hearing, and you can hold your breath for this one, was Ace of Base's I Saw the Sign. Now, anyone who has read my blog at all knows I love Swedish music (cuz Sweden = Snapple, really) and to do this song, well, I was blown away. Two funny asides here, I was listening to their interview on Amplify San Diego and somehow Ace of Bass was brought up and I thought, wow I Saw the Sign would be a fucking awesome cover. So guess what? They did it. And it was good. Really good. I mean my night was already made by seeing them, but covering this song made it even better. So to end, KFS live = completely awesome, new album = supremely fucking awesome, and beer = !!!. Here's your songs:

MP3: Kite Flying Society - This Shadow

MP3: Kite Flying Society - If I Could Split


Their album is out, so head over to here to grab yourself a copy of some of the finest pop you'll hear this year. If you're not already onboard the friendship train head over to their myspace and sign up for an account, and if you are go drop some love in the form of a comment. Speaking of which, I wish people would leave more comments on my blogposts, lol. Check their homepage here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Duane,
Thanks for the write-up! It was nice meeting you and talking about how great zombie movies are.

Take care...
Kelly