Monday, August 21, 2006

Gamba




Now even though I first saw this band blogged about on friend's site back in June, but since I wanted to cover something Swedish this week and I felt obligated to introduce my readers to it, I am posting on it today. The band is Gamba (featuring members from South Ambulance) and they are, as if you really needed to guess, from Sweden. Now you already know without me even having to type it that:

A) This band makes cutesy twee jangle pop music

B) Their songs are great to sing along with and,

C) I fucking love this band.

For the Spanish readers among you you can check out Roque's great write up (the Spanish deficient among you can translate it through google) on the band and his site as well, Mira el Pendulo. This is great lo-fi jangly guitar pop for the child in all of us. Summer is starting to wind down here, but listening to an EP like this one, can really set the tone for more great summer fun. This EP is quite impressive, each song on it is worthy of the term, new found friend. Because that's what each song is like to me when I am listening, like you are meeting a new best friend with each listen. I can't recommend it highly enough to you.

Befriend them on myspace here and check out their homepage here. You can get copies of their EP by emailing the band at: tillgamba@hotmail.com

MP3: Gamba - Zimone

MP3: Gamba - Keiko (this is song is so freaking great its hard to describe how good it is with words...)

MP3: Gamba - Julia


TagsZ: mp3 twee indiepop

No comments: