Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Channel



The Channel are a 7-piece band out of Austin, TX who write some of the best indierock/alt-country songs I have heard in a while. Their approach to songwriting may be a different than the usual for most bands as they have 5 song writers in the band. Now, with musicians of lesser talent, this might lead to having a less cohesive sound, but not at all. I think it works extremely well and if their current release, Tales From the Two Hill Heart is any indication, the band's craft will only get better the longer they are together. This is country music, but it is also pop music and a fair dose of indie rock all mixed together. Fans of Wilco should love this double-lp. I know I do, lol. Check them out on myspace here, their homepage here, and buy the freaking album here, ok? Here's a couple songs for your listening pleasure. You might as well CNTRL Click the link for the label so you can order a copy, you know you're going to. By the way, I think this album cover is the best I've seen all year, there's just something about it that draws me in.

(Right-click, Save As... for all mp3 links...)

MP3: The Channel - Olden Days (my recommendation)

MP3: The Channel - Sibylline Machine

MP3: The Channel - Sneaks or Skates (can I have two favorites today?)

You can also stream the album from C-Side Records, as well as Golden Bear's new one which I posted on last week. As a bonus here's another song from Golden Bear, enjoy!!!

BONUS MP3: Golden Bear - Victory is Ours

No comments: