Thursday, August 17, 2006

Hundred Year Storm


There must be something in the water in the state of Texas. First I am blessed with the beautiful music of Explosions In The Sky, and now I come across Hundred Year Storm, a group hailing from Austin, Texas. Their new album, "Hello Children From The Planet Earth" goes to stores August 22nd and is definitely an album worth picking up. Imagine if Explosions In The Sky was asked to do a concert on the moon, add in a few vocals to some songs, and you get this. I believe "space rock instrumental" is the right term for this band. Posted below are some worthy mp3's from this band, my personal favorite being "Mental" a beautiful instrumental with a Martin Luther King Jr. speech in the background, providing a very uplifting and thought provoking song. Enjoy!

In case you didn't notice, I am a new poster. I go by Caruso, and I hail from the east coast. That means more updates. ;-)

Their myspace. Their homepage.

Mp3: Hundred Year Storm - Mental

Mp3: Hundred Year Storm - Beloved

1 comment:

Duane said...

Great first post Caruso. You picked an awesome band that I wanted to post on for your first time out and I salute you for that. I am definitely looking forward to more posts from you. And hearing some new bands!!!