Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Scissor Sisters



I think if there were a poll tomorrow of what bands might have the best live experience, I think it would come down to either Elton John, Iron Maiden, or the Scissor Sisters. Now, it may seem it bit strange to throw in a metal band like Maiden into that group to some, but I don't know of anything that can really rival a giant statue of Eddie standing behind the band, clad in various album getups. I've not seen any of the artists I mentioned earlier live. And while I often think I would give my right arm to see Maiden live (look for a post on their new album soon, expect the unexpected from this blog, and hey, it'll be irony free, I promise!!!), and seeing Elton sober seems like something for forty year-olds, the Scissor Sisters seem like the perfect balance between glam and talent to me for a live spectacle. Just a tad over the top (you think?), but then, I mean isn't that why its called glam in the first place? I mean if I'm gonna spend the dough, give me an experience to fucking write home about! The Sisters seem to put on one shit-hot live show from the videos I've seen, so to entice you, here's the latest video from their forthcoming album Ta-Dah:




Sounds a lot to me like some cranked up Erasure and if it can make a hipster like me feel like dancing, you know its gotta be a solid tune. Here's the band from the 2005 Brit Awards performing their last hit, Take Your Mama:



Here's the dates for their US Tour:

9/7 New York, NY - Radio City Music Hall
9/23 Baltimore, MD - Virgin Festival
9/28 Los Angeles, CA -Shrine Auditorium
9/29 San Francisco,, CA - Warfield
9/30 San Francisco CA - Warfield
10/2 Seattle, WA - The Showbox
10/3 Seattle, WA - The Showbox
10/4 Portland, OR - Roseland Theatre
10/7 Maplewood, MN Myth
10/8 Chicago,, IL - Riviera Theatre
10/17 Nashville TN - City Hall
10/18 Atlanta,, GA - Tabernacle
10/19 New Orleans LA - House of Blues
10/22 Boston, MA - Orpheum


"I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" iTunes Link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=176408996&s=143441

official site: www.scissorsisters.com

myspace: www.myspace.com/scissorsisters

No comments: