Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Lonesome Architects


The Lonesome Architects make some of the best folky indiepop that I have heard in a while (well, in several days ok). This album is pretty subdued in parts, but has its moments (lots of them actually). And when it shines, it shines big. The Architects are a two piece consisting of Marti and Josh, just a couple of childhood friends from first grade. I think most fans of Connor Oberst or the Decemberists will enjoy this album as much as I did. It definitely fits well alongside either of those bands. I highly recommend picking it up and letting Martin and Josh know how how much you dig their sounds by joining them on myspace. Their homepage is here. Buy their new lp here from Oh! Map Records for a measley $10. Their myspace has some additional songs as well, ;-)

MP3: The Lonesome Architects - 10-23 (my current fave off the album)

MP3: The Lonesome Architects - Tractors and Fences

No comments: