Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sorta



Today's band, Sorta, is best recommended for fans of Wilco and rootsy country rock and pop. After listening to the CD, I am sure it will come as no surprise to anyone to find they call Dallas their home. Man, Texas might have thrown us a curve so far as presidents go, but the bands coming out of this state are A-fucking-MAZING. I think at least twice a week I am floored by a band that calls the Lone Star state home. Must be something really good in the water down there (or maybe the proximity to Mexico and some of its "herbal exports". I dunno, but this band's album, Strange and Sad But True is a solid listen from start to finish. That's something to say with all the albums music fans are constantly bombarded with today. I have to say that I think these boys have listened to Summerteeth at least a few (dozen) times. But that's okay, cuz this album can stand on its own despite any half-assed comparisons to other bands this blogger can dish out. Its good stuff. Really good. Check it out for yourself, then head over to their site and buy their album, you'll not disappoint yourself.

Visit Sorta's myspace here, and their homepage here.

Some mp3's for your sampling pleasure:

MP3: Sorta - Buttercup

MP3: Sorta - Water Music

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's funny because local bands NEVER get the credit they deserve, especially in dallas. or if they do get recognition they turn into shitty egomaniacs. ah well, maybe someday there will be a happy medium.

p.s. i think you forgot to close your parentheses somewhere in there. ;)

Duane said...

Hey Jane!!!

Friends don't let friends blog drunk!!!

...'s'all I'm saying.... :-P



PS, I love clipped contractions, makes English feel more like French or German to me...