Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Extraordinaires





Way back in February Connor from I Guess I'm Floating posted on a band called The Extraordinaires. Here's a link to his original post (with a few songs from on the band that sums them up fairly well. Their first album, the soaring and operatic masterpiece Ribbons of War (yes, I do think it deserves those adjectves) has easily been one of my favorite ones to listen to this year. If you've not heard it, think The Decemberists with a slightly more country flair. The good news is the band is readying their second full-length, Short Stories, hopefully it will be released sometime soon. I couldn't find an actual release date anywhere on their myspace or their label's but there are at least 2 songs up to download which should be on the new album.

(All files are right-click, save as...)

MP3: The Extraordinaires - Warehouse

MP3: The Extraordinaires - Hi Five the Cactus

And here are two of my faves from their first masterpiece ut its so disheartening to have to choose just two songs:

MP3: The Extraordinaires - Wings Over Siros Island

MP3: The Extraordinaires - Seeds of Jealousy (my personal fave)

Check them out on myspace here and their homepage here.

The band also have a quite a tour scheduled for the late summer/fall, but alas no West Coast dates so far :-(

No comments: